Friday, May 9, 2008

Found It!

The answer to Warren's query about the song that had the lyric line ...
one thousand two hundred and thirty two holes are drilled into this piece of metal today

The song is called 'The Words of Bartholomew' and it was done by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. Released in 1968 and well aired on NZ radio.
I have done my best to record and attach the sample I was sent, so I hope it gets to you ok.
Obviously, now I have the mission of finding the complete song, but gee, what a forgotton blast from the past this song is.

Cheers, Warren

In response to an earlier posting Daphne wrote that she was a bit puzzled about it though.

2nd story “Your First Musical Memories Feb 23 2008

Paragraph 5

“We never heard of radio, tape decks. CDs etc -------. We listened to Big Band ----- on radio?????? Doesn’t quite make sense.

Took me awhile to realise that if you never heard of radios - how can you be listening to Big Bands on - the - radio?

Got me thinking that you can get transcriptions of some of the broadcast programs of the Big Bands on CD. You have to watch if you're a collector and wanting the original recorded version of something. Alex found that out and gave me the CD that disappointed him; Bob Crosby And His Orchestra "The Radio Years" 1940

No comments: